Rising to meet the ambition set out by our global climate commitments demands accelerated actions and commitments between all actors across our society: states, cities, businesses, universities, faith groups, and more. These sum-of-society actors have incredible leverage to impact the trajectory of greenhouse gas emissions, innovate across our economy, and accelerate the speed of the global clean energy transition. Our research demonstrates that these actors from diverse sets when acting in concert can drive a similar impact as national governments in reaching our climate targets.
In the U.S., a coalition of over 4,000 cities, states, businesses, universities, communities of faith, and others have pledged their commitment to support the goals of the Paris Agreement in their own capacities—representing nearly two-thirds of the U.S. population and nearly 70% of U.S. GDP. Our more recent analysis shows that climate action from US cities, states, and businesses has been bolder, faster, and more consequential over the last three years than ever before, and with an "all-in" federal approach, we can achieve even more reductions.
Since the U.S. officially rejoined the Paris Agreement as of Feburary 19, 2021, CGS has joined a new coalition as a strategic member—America Is All In—and will continue to work with our U.S. and international partners to deliver analysis that informs an "all-in" ambitious and achievable U.S. climate policy.
- America Is All In unveils clear and actionable Blueprint to cut U.S. emissions in half by 2030
- What a U.S. 50-52% emissions reductions goal will mean for Americans and the
- New U.S. Green Economy Report series identifies states most prepared to seize clean energy growth
- CGS joins launch of new America Is All In coalition
- New analysis finds subnational action critical to global approaches to climate change
- America's Pledge reveals US states, cities, & businesses are accelerating climate progress despite climate denialism, COVID-19, & economic turmoil
- At COP25, CGS launches latest analysis from America's Pledge
- CGS leads on new America's Pledge report on US climate action
- Bloomberg Announces $2.3 Million to CGS, Partners for New Phase of “America’s Pledge”